pregnancy

Monday, October 27, 2008

Appt. update and morning sickness

Last friday was my first appt. It went pretty routine, like I expected. I was surprised that my dr. remembered me. He sees so many patients, but he knew who I was, and even remember my years of infertility, even though he never treated me for that.

Everything seemed fine and like I expected I will get a sonogram at my next appt to date the pg. As of right now my due date is June 18th, but my dr. will change that depending on the sono. My next appt is Nov 19 and it seems like forever to have to wait. But I know it will be here before I know it.

I think I can definitely say I have morning sickness now. In fact I haven't had a headache for a little while, but I am definitely feeling sick. I came close to throwing up this morning, but fortunately didn't. But I just kind of feel sick to my stomach all the time. Sometimes I feel like I just need to eat, but then nothing sounds good or if I try to eat something, I still feel sick. I really don't remember this when I was pg with JR. I remember feeling sick some of the time, but this is like a constant feeling of sickness. Maybe this feeling differently is because I am having a girl. That would be wonderful, but so would a boy. I have always thought I would have a boy and then a girl, but I guess that really doesn't mean anything. We will just have to wait and see. I was told last night that I "better have a girl" by my niece. We shall see, I guess. Hopefully the morning sickness will only last for a little while longer, at least I hope it doesn't last past the first trimester. But it does make me happy to be feeling pg. It doesn't stop my worrying completely, but it does help me feel better that everything is okay with this little one.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy! I am so sorry you are feeling sick! (Maybe the zoo isn't such a good idea for you when we come... the smells might not be happy for you!) We are so excited! Boy or girl, both are tons of fun! (I never could predict with my pregnancies, I was sick either way!)

Karrie said...

We are so happy for you guys!!!! Feeling sick is definatly not fun but it is a good sign. Try not to worry. Easier said than done I know. Katie is so excited to come visit. She is even missing her dance recital. We love and miss you!!!! Wish you were closer but so happy to have blogs.

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I know you don't feel like it but your news makes me feel like skipping! Seriously, it has brought a smile many times since I talked to you. You and Mike are so deserving and I can't think of better parents. Totally a sidenote but did you read the article on abortion in this months ensign, I thought it was so sad but very good too. Reading about your baby developing helps you realize how much life is there from the very beginning. I am so excited to read about your pg, puking and all! I can see a little spirit in heaven skipping around with excitement and taking a few lessons on how to work your parents, pester your brother, and cause chaos! ;)