pregnancy

Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick

Can I just say that I hate being sick. I have been sick since last Tuesday and there seems to be no end in sight. I never get sick like this, and let me just tell you it is not fun. My head is constantly pounding, I can't breath, I can't hear and I can barely talk. I also can't stop coughing and my body hurts, from all the coughing. The fact that there is hardly anything I can take that will help sucks too. I have already felt some mommy guilt with the OTC meds I have taken, knowing that anything I take potentially can effect the baby. I live off Tylenol right now, and I hate that I have taken it so much, but I can barely function with it, let alone without it. I took some days off work last week, because of being sick, but I have been going to work this week, and just dealing with it as much as I would rather be home. I am also so tired, because I can't get any rest at night due to the coughing and inability to breath. With all that said, I do think I am getting to the end. I am not sure how much longer it will last, but everyday seems a little bit better than the day before.

Mikey has been so good to me. He has taken care of so much while I have been in this state and I know that it has been at a great sacrifice to getting his work done. He has a lot going on right now as he is currently working on his proposal for his dissertation and teaching a class. But he has done a wonderful job of taking care of me and taking care of JR when I really have not been able to. I don't know what I would do without him. He did tell me the other day that he is sure glad that I don't get sick like this very often. I am too. I know that your immune system is supposed to be weakened when you are pg, but I never experienced being sick like this when I was pg with JR. Hopefully once I get over this bug, I can escape any other bugs going around for the remainder of my pg.

No comments: