pregnancy

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Appt. update

This morning I had a dr. appt. It was pretty uneventful. I did my glucose screening, which is where they make you drink a soda a hour before and then they take your blood and test your blood sugar. My blood sugar was fine, but that stick in my finger didn't feel too good. The dr. was also able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler for the first time. I was nervous that he would have a hard time finding it, but he found it pretty quick. It's always nice to hear the heartbeat to help you feel like everything is going okay. It looks like my next sono won't be until Feb. I suspected that would be the case, but was kind of hoping that I might get it next month, since I would 18 weeks. I don't mind waiting though, it's a better chance they will be able to tell the sex.

I think my morning sickness is finally gone. I still get tummy aches from time to time, but I haven't thrown up for a while now. Food still doesn't taste very good to me though, which is kind of disappointing. Hopefully it will start tasting better to me soon. I have felt more movement from time to time. It seems to happen when I start to stand up from a sitting position. It always startles me too, but then makes me smile.

No comments: